Fairview Cemetery Design Guidelines
To obtain information about purchasing sites in the Fairview Cemetery, please email Julie Copple.
Certificate of Appropriateness
A Certificate of Appropriateness (COA) is required for all work on the exterior of properties in the Van Buren Historic District with the exception of routine or ordinary maintenance, landscape, planting, or interior changes. Ordinary maintenance or repairs are those that do not change the design, color, material or appearance of a building or structure. A COA for any type of work or construction weather new construction or an alteration of an existing structure must be filed and returned for approval before work may begin. Please complete the Certificate of Appropriateness application (PDF) and return the completed application to the City Planning Department with a $10 COA fee at:
Municipal Annex Building
111 North 12th Street
Van Buren, AR 72956
Contact us with questions at 479-471-5006.
Examples of Work That Must Be Approved by a COA:
- Constructing a new building or structure or adding on to an existing building or structure
- Demolishing a building or structure or any part of a building or structure
- Altering the exterior of a building or structure
- Changing the exterior color scheme of a building or structure
- Removing and replacing exterior doors, windows, and ornamental trim
- Altering new signs to existing signage