Planning & Development
OverviewThe Planning Department is committed to serving the City in achieving a high quality of life by providing professional guidance and coordination of all land planning and development activities, and by consistently implementing the City's regulations and policies.
Planning CommissionClick here for commissioner contact information and for the 2022 planning commission submittal dates.
Please view the County Assessor's Real Property Records for property values, address, subdivision information, and ownership information.
For floodplain information, please view our resources on floodplain management.
To find more information on city ordinances in the City of Van Buren, please view our public records.
All items for review by the subdivision review committee are due in the Planning Department office by 12:00 P.M., five working days before the actual meeting. Please click the link for utility company contact information. If you need further information, please contact the Planning Department at 479-471-5006.
Standard Drawings & Specifications
- Driveway Design Specifications
- Standard Drawings
- Standard Driveway Detail
- Van Buren Public Works Standard Specifications.
Van Buren Online MapsCity of Van Buren (Includes Parcel Data, Planning Jurisdiction, Zoning Information, Flood Data, Etc.)
- Grading and Erosion Control Ordinance (PDF)
- Map of Tributaries for Erosion Control (PDF)
- Master Street Plan (PDF)
- Minimum Drainage Standards (PDF)
- Minimum Street Standards (PDF)
- Planning Jurisdiction Map 2013 (PDF)
- Utility Ordinance (PDF)
- Sidewalk Specifications
- Sidewalk Standard Drawings 1
- Sidewalk Standard Drawings 2
- Sidewalk Standard Drawings 3
- Sidewalk Street Cross Sections
- Tower Ordinance as amended
- VB Subdivision Regulations as Amended
- Standard Drawings Ord 4-2021