OverviewThe City of Van Buren is proud to be rated Class 9 in the National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP) Community Rating System (CRS). This allows our citizens to purchase flood insurance with up to a 15% discount. For more information, please click the following links:
National Flood Insurance Program
CRS Notification (PDF)
As a public service, the City of Van Buren will provide you with the following information upon request:
- Whether a property is in or out of the Special Flood Hazard Area (SFHA) as shown on the current Flood Insurance Rate Map (FIRM) of the City.
- Additional flood insurance data for a site such as the FIRM zone and the base flood elevation or depth, if shown on the FIRM.
- We have a handout on the flood insurance purchase requirement that can help people who need a mortgage or loan for a property in the SFHA.
- Elevation certificates are available for recent construction.
- Assistance with use of the Van Buren Public GIS.
Do I live in a Floodplain?
- FEMA Map Service Center: Search for FEMA Map Panels
- Van Buren Public GIS: Search the City of Van Buren Public GIS for your parcel/property.